We are pleased you will be speaking to our group, and we look forward to your presentation. The focus of the Education/Programs committee is to provide quality educational and networking events so that our facility managers gain insightful knowledge to help them in their professions. In light of this, the following are suggestions so that you as a speaker are presented in the best possible manner and our members gain the most education from your presentation.
- Length of presentation is a maximum of 20-25 minutes. (You will usually start around 5:45 PM) There may be specific time requirements for please inquire.
- Experience level of our attendees is mid to senior range facility managers and associate members. Our usual attendance is 30-65 people.
- Please, refrain from selling from the podium. Mentioning situations your company has successfully handled is fine.
- We ask that no company marketing information be distributed at the meeting. This opportunity is reserved for our meeting sponsors. If you would like to sponsor the meeting in addition to speaking, please contact the IFMA-HV Programs Chairperson.
- IFMA-Westchester / Hudson Valley Chapter does not share attendance lists. Only sponsors are given the opportunity to gather business cards (i.e. drawing) from those present and desiring to give their cards.
- Interactive presentations are always well received. Getting audience involvement in some way keeps people attentive to your information.
- Handouts are always good so people can take the information away with them and share with other staff members and colleagues. We suggest making enough for 40 people if you use them.
- A/V requirements-Please contact the Programs Chairperson to confirm what you will need.
- If there is a problem the day of presentation and you cannot attend the meeting, please call: 201-310-3650 (Susan Veres). Please try to arrive at the meeting location 30 minutes prior to your presentation so handouts can be distributed and your AV equipment can be checked.
If you need any other assistance or have questions, please feel free to call Susan Veres, Program Chairperson, at 201-310-3650 or e-mail: email@example.com