1. FIND SOLUTIONS FASTER: Avoid “reinventing the wheel”. Get information to solve a problem that may be new to you but has already been experienced, investigated and solved with first class solutions by fellow Westchester County-Hudson Valley facility managers who belong to the Westchester County-Hudson Valley Chapter of IFMA. Chances are you are not the first to encounter a situation that can take a significant amount of time and money.
2. LOCAL NETWORKING WITH OTHER PROFESSIONALS FROM TOP COMPANIES IN WESTCHESTER COUNTY-HUDSON VALLEY: Westchester County-Hudson Valley has one of the largest organizations for facility management professionals, with over 70 members from all types of companies that have common issues, challenges and interests. There are opportunities each month at luncheons, seminars or education conferences to network with your peers. You can also e-mail the entire membership or call someone specific.
3. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT THROUGH EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Increase your opportunities to broaden skills and knowledge at monthly meetings and education seminars. Westchester County-Hudson Valley IFMA membership comes together often for presentations on timely subjects that will improve your ability to do a job better, faster and cheaper. After many of our luncheons, we tour facilities that provides the chance to see how the other company does it.
4. CERTIFIED FACILITY MANAGER (CFM): Receive your Certified Facility Management (CFM) certification. Prepare for this exam with information provided by IFMA through their extensive resources of information. You also have the option to join a certification study group to prepare for the CFM exam. More than ever, professionals see the necessity of attaining this certification. The CFM certification projects your skills at a high level of competence with best practices being utilized in every facet of your facilities department.
5. A GREAT PROFESSIONAL NETWORK: Become part of an impressive network of professionals that can enhance your life and give extra dimension to your job. We have monthly meetings and events, scheduled educational conferences throughout the year and a holiday social.
6. ASSOCIATE MEMBERS CAN SOLVE YOUR FACILITIES CHALLENGES: To support you the professional Facilities Manager, there is a large group of Associate Members representing many different types of companies that have developed products, services and solutions geared specifically for your company’s needs.
7. MEMBER RESOURCES: Tap into the resources offered by IFMA:
8. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: It is great to have a network of fellow professionals that know where employment opportunities are to be had. Jobs are posted on the Chapter website when they come available.
9. LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: Chapter committee and leadership positions allow members to contribute in areas such as program and event planning, marketing, Web development and member recruitment. As a source of personal development, participation as a chapter leader or organizer is highly rewarding. Chapter involvement is a source of pride, accomplishment and honor.
10. IFMA MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS YOUR COMPANY: through increased efficiency and production in your facilities management team.